PRETENDERS is a Live Action Role Playing Game, based on the books of Nancy A. Collins. She wrote books (like 'Sunglasses After Dark') about a secret underworld of monsters throughout the world, most hiding and all 'pretending' to be human. (although the baby-eating is more common)
We've taken that idea and expanded it into a monthly live-action game where each player takes the character of one of these 'pretenders' and thrown rampant chaos and destruction at them on a regular basis.
There are 5 species in total, with every variation of evil and nasty critters in between as variants. They are...
1. HUMANS. Humans are your basic, and almost everything stems from them. But in terms of pretender society they come in two forms, RENFIELDS and SENSITIVES. RENFIELDS are the servants, slaves to the higher classes. SENSITIVES are those lucky enough to be able to see through the disguise and know the PRETENDERS. Only problem is they're pitiful and weak.
2. ENKIDU. Enkidu are Vampires, very quick, highly motivated and very very deadly. They form themselves into gangs and societies very easily and like to look at the political side of things.
3. VARGR. Werewolves, deal with it. Just don't deal with them. They are children of nature and very violent. Not keen on cities but willing to go there for food, opportunity and wanton destruction. The Vargr pack leader, or 'Alpha' is always female, and make sure you NEVER piss her off.
4. OGRES. Eat babies, hate lettuce. Big BIG monsters, hide as tough as a tank and a brain capacity big enough to hold a phone number. but not much else. They're often hired as bouncers, bodyguards and occasionally walls.
5. DEMONS. Everything else. From Fallen Angels to Chaos-Demons to Electro-shock therapists, they're all in here. These are the real wierdies. Swamp monsters, lightning demons and djinn, they all fit under the banner of Demons. And let's not forget the elementals, all with their own unique powers.